2012 in Review- April

 
Not my usual blog topics, I know, but in 2012 I decided to embrace the fact that I'm old, and I can be as eccentric as I want--including painting my toes pastel for Easter- but if you look very, very closely, you can see a flesh colored band-aid on my foot ankle.  See, 3 weeks before this, in March, I was playing around with TJ.  We were playing with a soccer ball on the driveway.  I was trying to keep the ball away from him, but also keep it from rolling down the drive, so I tried to be clever and kick the ball backward running.  BUT, instead, I stepped ON the ball while running.  And my body of course kept going (dang those Newtonian laws!).  So I fell--and took all the skin off a 2" by 3" patch on my knee.  My knee!  Like you can just not bend your knee for months.  It was bad.  The wound went all the way down to the ligament that holds the knee cap in place.  So having awful insurance, and being stubborn like I am, I looked up how bikers and motorcyclists treat severe road burns, and treated it at home.  The unpleasant picture below my toes is of my knee 3 weeks out.  It looks WAY better in the picture than it really was.  Once a week I removed the tegaderm and slathered on Silver Shield gel, which is when I took that picture.  Sorry for the hairs- I really couldn't shave at that point!  Anyway-  It took months to heal.  Now, 9 months out, the scar is not bad at all for the size injury it was, which is miraculous really since I form extra scar tissue and adhesions with any injury.  It was really a God thing indeed.
 


We made Easter batik banners.

Nana and Pop Pop again bought the kids Easter clothes, and so we got this picture of them and their cousin B on Easter morning.

Easter basket fun.

We got a silk for the tree in the front yard so Mimi could practice at home.

We reviewed some cool Science experiment videos:


Scott decided to create a Star Wars mini-figure band, LOL.  The gray thing is meant to be a mic, and the gun is a guitar.

And of course you need drums:


TJ played more soccer...
 
We went to Magic Kingdom, and later that day met up with one of Sari's friends for her birthday celebration.  It was also a big day for Mimi, but that's all I can say about that ;-).





We went to Animal Kingdom- the pictures below show the Vine Lady in the background.  She's really amazing.




And we watched a Supercharged Science tele-class on roller coasters and then built a "roller coaster" in and around our tree.
 Tweaking the track:

 There was even a jump in the track.  If you look carefully, you can see the marble at the far right edge of the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts