Adored-365 Devotions for Young Women {A FlyBy Review}

I have two girls, and as the days march by into years, I'm aware that my all-day-every-day time with them is precious and short.  And I'm always looking for ways to pour more of God's truth into them before they "fly the coop" and are out on their own, so I was happy to have the chance to review Adored, a new devotional by Zondervan geared specifically for young women ages 13 and up.


Here's the official blurb:
Each day features an easy-to-read, relevant devotion paired with a scripture verse and journaling space to help readers reflect on the day’s message. The book tackles tough topics girls face, from bullying and social media to friendships and dating, all the while showing readers how infinitely precious they are in God’s sight.

OBM says:  
Not many devotionals discuss yoga pants, and if I'm honest, the intro to that particular devotion really was a turn-off to me...but I kept reading, and in the end, I loved the message it communicated about modesty.  My younger daughter (almost 13) really likes the way the book ties in popular culture and always turns things back to a Godly focus.  In fact, she asked if we had to send the book back after the review, (we get to keep it :) ), because she wants to keep reading it.  That's a ringing endorsement in this house.  The devotionals are pointed, not fluff, but brief enough that doing one daily is manageable.  They cover topics like God's promises, rejection by the world/being loved by God, enduring through painful times, and not letting the internet stir up contention.  I also like that this hardcover book is a smallish (maybe 5x7x1.5) size and a not overly "girlie" design, so it suits the target audience well
.




Adored retails for $14.99, and you can buy Adored from Christianbook.com.  You can also visit Zondervan's website to preview Adored and download a free week of devotionals.


Comments

Popular Posts