Finding a new normal

Back in the middle of September, I received some news that no mother ever wants to get.  The kind of news that turns your world upside down...like being washed overboard in a storm and trying to find your way back up to the surface only to find it rolling with 20 foot waves that crash over you and push you under over and over again.  Some of you readers have known the details of this situation, some have known only that we were going through something and needed prayer, and some probably knew nothing at all-except that a personal post on my blog hasn't happened since before the day I got the news...

We've spent the past 3 months now trying to find a new "normal".  And though our "Job-like" trials have been very hard, God has been very, very faithful.  He will never leave us or forsake us.  Through it all, I have sung His praises because He is worthy to be praised.  He has been the only constant in my ever changing life during this trial.  But He has used many people to help me through it, whether physically or prayerfully, and if you are one of those people I thank you for it from the bottom of my heart. 

My life will never be the same again.  That's just the reality.  But I do still have a life, and I'm commanded to live it in a way that gives glory to God.  So, I'm moving forward.  And I'm reclaiming my blog as a place for not just product reviews but the chronicles of our life.  It feels weird to do.  It's been very hard because people, well they judge you.  If you are too sad...you have no right to be that way.  This tragedy impacted many people, and another family even harder than my own, so I have no right to be upset.  But if you are too happy...you have no right to feel that way either.  You are making light of the situation.  Certainly not taking it seriously.  But God's word tells us that we awake each morning because He sustained us.  That He has a plan and purpose for our lives.  And that we are to chose JOY in the trials.  So I am trusting God.  Taking Him at His word that He has a purpose for all this, and living my life holding fast to the Word of life.  And I think that includes living victorious over these schemes of the devil and treating each day as a gift, and living it as someone who is blessed and rejoicing, and in all things trying to conduct myself in a manner worthy of the gospel- it's good news, and I want to live my life to reflect that!

Comments

Kirsten said…
It's good to see you back here. Continued prayers your way.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Kirsten
Melissa said…
Well said! Glad you are back to blogging.
I've missed you! I'm sorry you are going through tough times right now. Your words are true though and if you can embrace the Word and live it, breath it, you will come out stronger than you can imagine, God will be glorified and you with be closer to Him! Blessings on a Merry Christmas in your new normal! :o)
Cristy said…
Glad you're back!
Tiffany said…
Glad you're back to blogging!

Popular Posts