Women of Faith: An Amazing Joyful Journey Preview {A Flyby Review}


It's not often I find myself without words, but this is one of those times.  Today, I'm asked to share a different kind of "review" with you.  

More of a personal story. 

But first, you have to understand Women of Faith
Over the last nearly 20 years, Women of Faith - http://www.womenoffaith.com/ - grew to become the largest non-denominational Christian women's conference, touching over five million lives with personal stories full of laughter and tears.  Stage events have included such inspirational and spiritual luminaries such as Campus Crusade for Christ's Mary Graham, author & reality TV star Corie Robertson, author & popular speaker Luci Swindoll, author Sheila Walsh, and others. 
My personal story with Women of Faith begins in Orlando, FL.  I had heard of WoF for years from some sisters in Christ, but they always went with their church groups, and I didn't go to those churches so I always seemed to miss out.  Then I got involved with MOPS, and there was talk about our steering team going.  I could not have been more excited.  I think I bullied the group into was the driving force behind our attendance simply because of my persistence, but God had a bigger plan.  See, that year one of my best friends, who was also our MOPS coordinator, was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer.  And she was part of the group that had committed to going to WoF.  Unbeknownst to us, the dramatist, Nicole Johnson's, skit that year was about "Stepping into the Ring" to battle cancer.  There was not a dry eye in our group.  God had surely brought us there, as surely as He brought me to here the message the year her skit began "I called her Amy, it means beloved..."  and I sobbed openly in an arena full of people as God showed me again not only His love for me, but my mother's love through this stranger's skit.  I've loved and laughed with Luci, nearly peed my pants with Patsy, and been mothered by Marilyn.  It's safe to say that Women of Faith changed my life and brought me closer to my Savior and my Lord, and showed me how beautiful corporate worship with tens of thousands of Sisters in Christ can be...and how amazing it will be someday in heaven.

My friend with cancer?  She bought some little boxing gloves they were selling at WoF that year, and hung them in her car.  They reminded her she fought a bigger enemy than just cancer.  And she won that battle, both with cancer and against the enemy.  She passed her gloves and the story behind them on to another friend who found herself dying of melanoma in her 30s.  Sadly, my friend needed them again for her second trip "into the ring."  This time she was victorious in a different way, and her life and death both shine as a testimony to God's ability to touch so many people through one special person's life.

And so now the "review":
If you've never experienced Women of Faith for  yourself, here's your chance  Or if you have, and want to relive it, now you can.  On February 18 and 20 and March 3 and 5th, Women of Faith is coming to theaters around the country!

The cinema event will take viewers on a journey of Women of Faith through the years, on stage and off, on their travels with World Vision, their impact on audiences, in short the way they've changed the world.  Partly historical, and frequently hysterical, this unique cinematic experience will be packed with some of the most popular pieces from the beloved speaking team to include Anna Trent, Thelma Wells, Mary Graham, Luci Swindoll, Sheila Walsh, Jen Hatmaker, Sandi Patty, Patsy Clairmont, Nicole Johnson, and Marilyn Meberg as well as music and performances from Christian contemporary artists that appeared on the tour.  Featuring never-before-seen interviews, outtakes, and behind the scenes footage, this event presentation will bring back memories for all those who have attended a Women of Faith weekend as well as create new memories for those experiencing it for the first time.  

I'm super excited, and fully expecting to need to bring my Kleenex ;).  For information about the Women of Faith: An Amazing Joyful Journey experience and to see whether it is coming to your town, check out the social links below.  So join me at the movies (I'm going February 18th) and see Women of Faith!

Official websitehttp://www.wofincinemas.com
Instagram: @WomenofFaith


Comments

Popular Posts