My Poor, Sad, Neglected Blog-an Update

I don't mean to neglect my blog.  I used to love posting, and I miss writing, but life, it just gets SO busy, you know?

So right now, I'm sitting here taking a mental health break, and I figured I would do a quick post, if only for myself :).

We just got home from a weekend volleyball tournament out of town, and it marks the end of the season for our state-wide traveling homeschool league.  For the past two years, I've been the assistant coach for the Middle School and Varsity teams, as well as doing at least half of the admin work.  I have to say...as much as I love the girls, I'm SO thankful when the season ends.

Here are pictures I took of our three teams:

Middle School

JV

And Varsity

My oldest daughter is a senior this year, so this was her last year with varsity.  These girls are the BEST, and it was my honor to coach them at the tournament.  My youngest just started this year on the middle school team.  Like her sister, I'm not sure if she's in it for the sport or the friends, but she's enjoying it, and playing well, and that's all that matters :).

Mimi turned 18 the day before the tournament.  One of her teammates brought her a HUGE bag full of chocolate chip cookies and a hand made cookie-shaped card to our hotel room that night.  YUM!

And...Mimi has a boyfriend.  A serious one.  He's sweet, and they are smitten with each other.  He COMPLETELY surprised her by showing up at the tournament on Friday (my undying thanks to his mom for bringing him and spending some time watching Mimi as well).  THAT is a labor of love, let me tell you, because there are not words in the English language to describe the noise level of an indoor volleyball tournament, but sit next to someone blowing a whistle every ten seconds while watching a live sporting event with a CONTINUOUSLY cheering crowd, and you will begin to understand...then do that for hours and hours and hours.  And Mimi wasn't the only girl with a beau who did that!  Ky's young man, who is a former student of mine and a real sweetheart too, came with his family and spent the day just to support our girls, and her in particular :).


While we were at the tournament, one of the scorekeepers from the team we were competing against asked me if I was singing in the choir Wednesday night at the Pastor's conference at our church...she had been there and recognized me from that, lol.

The Pastor's conference was a three day event and draws people from all over the world.  Sadly, Monday and Tuesday we had volleyball (away games on Monday and practice on Tuesday at a different gym since the conference was in the church's gym-the gym doubles as the worship center), so I wasn't able to sing the first two days, but TJ worked tech all three days of the conference.  He normally does tech at church on Sunday mornings for the middle school service and has done it for our co-op for years, but this was his first time working a conference event. 

Speaking of TJ, he gets his braces off in December.  I just made the appointment for his last wire change, and the braces removal, and his retainer fitting.  Yay!  He also got a concussion two weeks ago from a header in a soccer game.  Boo! He got it on a Saturday, and then had the PSAT four days later.  Good times!  He's doing better, but still not back to playing soccer.

And just for fun...

Here's Sari before SuperCon.  She went as Chibi Moon, and Mimi hand painted and accented her jacket.

Here's Mimi's friend who made her cookies, Mimi (looking SO much like my mom in this picture it's not even funny) and Sari all cosplaying for SuperCon.

And Mimi's 18th birthday...here's a new picture:






Comments

Popular Posts