A Book I Can't Recommend Highly Enough

I recently finished reading The Story of the Trapp Family Singers. I picked it up from a friend at her book sell-off for .25, but the story is priceless. It is the "real" story behind The Sound of Music, actually written by Maria herself.
I won't disclose too much of the story here and ruin it for all of you reading this who should either a) beg to borrow my copy or b) borrow it from your local library post haste. But I will say, you must be prepared to feel a bit like a child who finds out their favorite pet has died or that Santa does not exist beyond the realm of imagination. I don't know what I expected, but it was NOT the great differences in the story that appear within the first half of the book. WOW! But it is the truth of the story, minus the hollywood packaging, that makes it so beautiful.
The Trapp family was amazing. If, 20 years from now, my family looks like theirs did (at least at the point the book ends in the 1940's) I shall be blessed indeed.
Theirs is a story of hard, honest work, real agape love, infinite trust in God and full assurance of His provision for them-just beautiful. Their faith is inspiring and its impact on their life and how they lived it is moving beyond words.
You really MUST read it!

Comments

Melissa said…
Thanks for the book reccomendation. I've requested it from the library.
Michelle said…
I read this in highschool so much of the detail is lost to my memory now, but I second your recommendation (and your caution). :)
Lady G~ said…
Great book! The girls read it when they were younger. For some reason, I can't get the our boys interested in it, even if I read it to them. LOL!

Popular Posts