Three Things Thursday-The Friday Edition 8/29/14


Today I want to share three things I'm thankful for...

1)  Today, for the first time since we moved to NC, I am facing the end of the month/beginning of the month period without having run out of money before we ran out of month, and I am SO thankful!  We knew moving here that carrying our house in FL until it sells (and the accompanying water bill and power bill) and paying rent and all the bills here would mean there was no "extra" in the budget, and we were okay with that.  But the hardest time came right during this one week when we had the double whammies of rent/mortgage, double city water bills, and double power bills ALL due at the same time.  We thought this month would be the first month we would not have the double whammy problem because our FL house was supposed to have sold a few weeks ago.  But God had a different plan.  Instead, the deal fell through on the house 3 days before closing, BUT on Friday my husband received a bonus from work, and as of Monday, he will be getting a raise.  When God closes a door, He opens a window.  And today, I am breathing deeply in thanks.  I even went hog-wild and went grocery shopping, something I could never have done at the end of the month before!

2)  I am thankful for my sister, without whom I would be completely sunk when it comes to dealing with things that come up with our FL house.  She's 6 1/2 years younger than me, and we haven't always been close because of the age difference, but I'm glad that adulthood and parenthood equalizes a lot of that.  She is a huge blessing to me, and I'm very thankful she is willing to help me out.  I don't know what I would do without her!



3)  I'm thankful my mom and her husband are coming to visit.  They should arrive tomorrow.  This is the first time since we moved that they have come to visit, and I'm glad they are coming even if it's only for a short time.  The kids are glad too, since they get some unplanned days off of school!

Comments

Unknown said…
What a great list of things to be thankful for. Wow - you look so much like your mom! Have a great visit.
Don't you love it when God orchestrates a better plan?
Julie said…
Yay for a bonus and raise!! We have some work news in the works too. Mike and I always talk about our early years when I would write out the bills really fast so I could try to beat the running out of money thing. Probably why I eventually turned that job over to him, that and he likes finances and I don't!
Sonya said…
Missing your family here! Yet thankful that His is taking care of you there! Love how He provides!

Popular Posts