I know...I'm totally lame ;-)

Or at least my blog is. The good news is that my computer is finally fixed. The bad news is that I am to far behind I may never catch up. I have so much to share...a little this...a little that. Here are a few bullet points from the past two weeks:
* My computer died. A sad death. It was painless (for it). It died in its sleep. Sadly, it was quite painful for me. I lost everything on it and all contact with my extended world. Hence, the total lack of blogging.
* God is good. He gave me a computer genius as a husband, and my computer is working again...and he restored everything I lost. I LOVE my husband.
* I had an actual "paid photographer" gig (although I TOLD them they did not need to pay me...usually I have to BEG my subjects to sit for me, LOL).
* We found homes for all Callie's kittens!
* I got a massage with my Christmas gift card from my in-laws.
* On the way home from the massage I found out we had three MORE kittens. Not even 24 hours after the last of the first litter was out the door. These are from a feral stray. She took off when the hubs and the kids rescued the kittens (it's a LONG story). Callie was engorged from her kittens leaving, and she has stepped in as a surrogate mom. She's the BEST. I am soooo glad she showed up at our house.
* On that note, Callie is an indoor cat now ;-).
* The feral stray is hanging around here now and is almost totally tame. We call her Abigail, and she is BEAUTIFUL (the picture doesn't do her justice) . Anyone want a kitty?

She's just barely old enough to be a mama herself. Oh, and she has another kitten holed up with her in a crevice of our house.
That little black blob is the other kitten. That makes FOUR kittens that will need homes in about 3 weeks. Any takers??? They are really cute! Oh, and 3 are TOTALLY socialized with children. Two boys, one girl, and one I don't know yet because that one is still with Abigail. We plan to socialize that one as soon as we can get to it. I don't have a picture, but it is black with white paws and a white chest from what I can see.
This is the all black boy. We are calling him "Kipper" He really is much cuter than this picture makes him look.
This is "Ben", so named because he looks just like a cat who died a few years back. His name was "Ben".
This is Princess. She has really pretty markings. So much so that my husband entertained the idea of keeping her. PLEASE, someone take her...we have enough cats!
Ben and Princess sleeping. You can see her marking better here.

* I got my hair cut. Several inches off. I love it. YEA!
*We officially decided to give Scott a rest from Boy Scouts. I think we are going to really curtail activities for a while, at least the night time ones. It's too much.
* Scott is getting ready to graduate from his beginning sailing class on Sunday. He is really liking it. Since that is a Saturday afternoon thing, it doesn't interfere too much with family stuff, and so he may continue if they offer it for the month of June.
* I spent 5 hours in the ER last week. It was ridiculous. I knew exactly what was wrong...and exactly what I needed, but getting it taken care of the next day with four kids in tow was going to be excruciating, so I opted for the sleepless night instead. I'm doing better now, but the antibiotics have caused a problem of their own...never a dull moment.
* United In Praise's concert have almost come to a close. I will probably miss the last one, which is odd because in all the past 6 years worth of concerts, I've never missed one. My heart was not in this session as it has been in the past. BUT, God has shown Himself mighty and reminded me that it's not about ME...it's about Him and how He uses UIP and me working in us and through us to accomplish His plan.
* Lastly, at least for now because I'm tired, Callie went into HEAT a few days ago. I found out when I found our outdoor cat Mittens in the house, and ahem...in the middle of sowing his seed into a very willing Callie. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? God has a sense of humor. But if MORE kittens are the result of that interlude, I may be certifiable!

Chat with you more this week-end because tomorrow is crazy-busy!
obm

Comments

Popular Posts