More Sari-isms

Sari, my 5 year old, has been keeping us entertained lately. She talks constantly (unless strangers are around, and then I can't even get her to LOOK at them). Yesterday, we were swimming and she said, "Mommy, look, I can talk UNDERWATER." Yep, it never ends. Ironically, a friend's daughter was over Thursday morning, and she too talks NONSTOP-in fact, I'd say she makes Sari seem quiet. The girls disappeared back to Sari's room, and there was TOTAL QUIET in the rest of the house for a good 15 minutes. I think we may be on to something.

Today, Sari was full of the funniest outbursts, most of which I've forgotten.
I do remember that when we went by Marie's house, she noticed another house down the street had two bounce houses in their yard, so she said, "I think they must be having a SAY YAHbration, because they don't just have ONE jumpy thing...they have TWO." What 5 year old says someone is having a celebration and not a party??? And I will miss when she finally can say her "l" sound right. It's so cute to hear her substitution.

And then there was the moment she came to tell her Daddy that there was a dead roach on the floor (hey, it's FL...even if you don't have a roach problem, you will occasionally find a roach that has flown in). Anyway, she came into the kitchen and told The Hubs that she needed a paper towel so she could go pick up a CROTCHroach, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. Then she told me that she needed the paper towel because she didn't want to touch the crotchroach if it was dead, and she didn't want to kill it if it was alive. I told her there were plenty of crotchroaches in the world, and she could feel free to kill any that wandered, or flew, their way into our house.

I know she said some other really funny things today. I wish I could remember them all, but at least I remembered the crotchroach thing...somehow I think that will stick around here for a while ;-).

Comments

Melissa said…
There were 2 crotchroaches in our shower the other day. I screamed, but didn't run, so that is an improvement. I even managed to kill both of them which involves actually getting close to them. BLECK!!!!! I think even the crotchroaches are hot and thirsty.

Popular Posts