Still Going Strong!


Yesterday found me in the most unusual place...a beer cellar.  No judgment here if beer is your thing, but it's NOT mine, so for me to be hanging out in a beer shop is a bit out of character.  But I was there to get hammered...or really to get hammering.  Along with a good friend of several years, a few acquaintances, and two or three strangers, I learned how to make hand hammered metal jewelry.  The necklace above is my final piece and I LOVE it. 

It was quite a process...figuring out the ONE thing that meant enough to you that it would be immortalized in metal.  My girlfriend opted for a mama bear, daddy bear, and 4 cubs.  Someone else made their teen aged son a key chain that declared "Be Unique".  One lady made a really nice hammered cuff-style bracelet.  But as I thought and prayed over what to make, I was listening to an old CD from when I sang in UIP in Florida.  The song "How Great Thou Art" came on, and I knew that the above lyrics were what I should do. 

Singing has been so much a part of my life...every since I was a little girl I've sang in choirs.  And singing God's praise is even more my purpose.  It truly is my soul that sings, and now, in our current church, I do so with my hands for our Deaf ministry as well. 

We were created to praise Him, and truly nothing brings me greater joy.  Singing God's praises is the only thing that carried me through some very dark parts of my life, so it's my joy and honor to declare that as I go through my day.

So too with writing.  I've missed my blog.  A LOT.  Keeping track of my life, my thoughts, my kids' crazy and touching moments...it resonates in my soul too.  So I've decided to try to "pick up the pen" again.  If you are still around and reading this, I'd love to here from you. 

Feel free to comment below on what message YOU would stamp :).

Blessings,

OBM

Comments

Popular Posts