Word Wednesday


Tonight in choir I got several wonderful reminders of why we do what we do.  We were singing a song called "All My Praise".  Some of the lyrics are as follows:
I will follow You through green pastures and sing hallelujah to Your name.  I will follow You through dark disaster and sing hallelujah through the pain.  And even in the shadow of death I will praise You, and even in the valley I will say...Holy, my God, You are worthy of all my praise.
 
While we were practicing, one of my friends leaned over and said that TODAY a judge had dismissed a 2 year lawsuit in HER favor.  She had much to praise Him for. 

Then, our director read an anonymous post card he received thanking the choir and orchestra for blessing them during last week's service.

Then the director shared a devotional with us at the end of practice about facing giants.  The devotional pointed out that when there was a giant needing to be faced, God chose a musician for the challenge.  David, while he indeed was later to be King, was a devout worshiper through praise, having penned most of the Psalms.  He used songs to remind him about who God was and what He had done.  And God still works the same way.  He still sends musicians to help people face their giants.  Sometimes those giants are 2 year long lawsuits.  Sometimes they are a cancerous tumor.  Sometimes it's the birth of a baby.  Sometimes it's the death of a loved one.  But ALL the time, worship helps us to put it in perspective.  When we worship God, when we remember who He is and what He's done, it puts out problems in their proper place, and reminds us that the Creator of all things can certainly handle whatever we encounter.  WE don't have to be bigger than our problems, HE already is.

Comments

Popular Posts