Some posts and sidebar widgets on this blog contain affiliate links.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just a Glimpse...

into my week-end.

I share this NOT to impress people, or to gather sympathy, or for any other reason than to remind MYSELF that there is a reason I feel like my life is crazy, and it's NOT all in my head.

Saturday we had a worship team open jam session. The hubs was running the sound and power point, and so we both were there. He got there at 8:20ish...I got there at 8:45. We brought Sari with us, Kiwi's husband picked up Scott for sailing, and the "books" (as we call the middle two) opted to stay home ALONE. This was a big deal, as we NEVER leave them that long, but church is about 5 minutes away, and they get along well, and they had both our numbers, so we felt like it would be okay. (As an aside, Mimi called half way through to say I'd left the oven on and was it okay for her to turn it off? Oiy! They are's ME you should worry about! Luckily, it was on WARM-185 degrees, but still....)
Okay, so I left the jam session at 11ish and drove about 40 minutes south to an event for LFM (I'm the new "Staff Photographer"). LFM had a booth, and I took pics of the event. It was fun, but I was glad I did NOT have my kids at this "Kids Fest" since it was CRAZY busy.
So that event ended at 2, and I got out of there by 2:15ish. I then stopped to get a MONGO drink-did I mention that Sept. in FL is still over 90 degrees?-and then I stopped at JoAnn's on the way home (the fabric store, just to clarify). I got a few things I need to make something for my camera (I'll post pics when I get around to making it). I got home around 4:20. In the meantime, the hubs had gone home after the church thing, fed the kids, gone to pick up Scott and Kiwi's son at 12:30, brought them back to our home, and then worked all afternoon on a website for a friend.
So I get home, go lay down for 30 minutes, and then the hubs leaves with the older boys to run to Books A Million for a book he needed for this website and then to go to church for a Boys2Men kick-off.
Like the good mom that I am, I feed the kids Presley's awesome apple dip with some apple slices, call that dinner, and head out the door with the three younger kids to go take pics of a local lake front for our church's website. On the way home, we stopped at Publix for some groceries, and we got home around 8:30-just in time for the kids to go to bed, and the hubs and I to watch a movie (FREE from Redbox). Oh, and me to make a giant cookie cake for some festivities on Sunday. And burn a CD for my editor (LOL-it sounds so strange to say that) to give to her at church in the morning.
Off to bed around 11:30.
In the middle of the night, I started not feeling well with allergies, and this morning that was not getting any better. So I dragged myself out of bed, got the kids fed and dressed for church, took them, gave the CD for LFM to the hubs, signed the kids into their classes, and headed HOME to go back to bed.
Of course, there are always things to do. Like put the stuff from the washer into the dryer. And make a cake...or two. See at 2 today, my family (sister, b-i-l, bam-bam, mother, and brother) came over today to celebrate TJ and Mimi's b'days since my brother is only in town very few months. So I made a bee hive cake, and one layer of a chocolate cake, and THEN I laid down.
The family got home at 12ish, and I laid down until 1:20...then I had to drag myself up out of bed, make frosting, help Mimi decorate HER cake and TJ do HIS cake, and then everyone arrived, and we sang and had cake and visited and my brother stayed for dinner (I ran out to get more allergy meds, another FREE movie, and a rotisserie chicken and hummus for dinner), and then my brother left, and the hubs took Scott to youth group (apparently Scott fell asleep there-NICE!) and I TRIED to organize coupons, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. So I laid down again, the hubs went to pick up Scott and we got the kids off to bed and watched our movie, and now I'm doing this when I should be asleep again.
No wonder I'm tired. And I still don't have our homeschool day planned for tomorrow. I'll do that bright and early in the morning.
I'd post pictures to go with this litany, but I am too tired to do it now. Do you think MAYBE if I cut out just a few things I'd be less tired? Yea, me too. But I don't know how to do that, so I'm going to have to develop a caffeine addiction to keep me going, LOL. JUST KIDDING.
See you in the morning!
Pin It!


Melissa said...

Bloody Hell! (Can I say that on your blog? I particularly like that phrase and never get to say it because it's wude - Craig and I always say "wude" for rude.) I'd say you're crazy - but, some days my schedule is no better. I guess it's this season of life.

Tiffany said...

Yes, that is a crazy weekend schedule. I find that if my weekend is busy I have to take Monday off as a teacher work day and then start on Tuesday. I definitely prefer my Sundays to be a true day of rest.

DebiH. said...

Yeah, I agree with Melissa! You really should slow down a bit :) But I know, some days it is just impossible.