Three Things Thursday 2/27/2014



How is it that Thursday always sneaks up on me?  It's time for Three Things Thursday, where I share 3 random things about me.  If you'd like to play along, you can visit my friend Heidi's blog-Heidi's Head-and link up.

So here are my things:
1)  We went to a Valentine's Day party yesterday (it was rescheduled because of snow-here's what it looked like the Wednesday of Valentine's week).

Anyway, I only knew one person there, and I had only briefly met her, but she was kind enough to invite us to their party.  The group was small, and very nice.  I only had my 2 younger kids with me, and both of them had fun.  After two moms there brought up how they had always wanted to do them, I found myself talking to them about Disney's Y.E.S. programs rather passionately and I'm pretty sure they think I'm a nut job now...sigh...you can take the girl away from Disney, but not take Disney out of the girl.

2)  I made awesome sweet potatoes today.  Can I be honest?  I've never made my own mashed sweet potatoes before.  I don't know why.  I've baked them, but not mashed them.  Well tonight my only oven was occupied, and so the only option for the potatoes was dicing, boiling, and mashing.  So a little bit lot of butter, some sour cream, some cream (because there was no milk), some vanilla, and some brown sugar, and Oh! My! were they yummy!!!

3)  Downton Abbey is the best TV show.  Really.  I just watched the season finale for the current season (LOVE PBS for streaming their current shows online).  It's definitely a show I'd own on DVD when the series ends, not that I'm in any hurry for that to happen.

And can I add:
Hey y'all- this little cutie patootie had surgery today:


He's doing well-he had his adenoids out and a questionable skin lesion removed-but if you could keep him in your prayers that would be great.  He's our neighbors' little boy.

Comments

Unknown said…
Great list this week! I'm glad you are making new friends in the area - and that you're still able to talk passionately about Disney with them! Your little neighbor boy is adorable!

Popular Posts