30 Days of Thankfulness-Day 6

Today, I'm thankful for Landry Academy.  I'm not getting paid to say that, and as far as I can see, they do not have a referral program, so this is a totally unsolicited plug, but I'm thankful for them nonetheless, LOL.

This semester, two of my kids have taken online classes through Landry.  It hasn't been totally smooth sailing, as adjusting to someone who isn't "mom" has taken some getting used to.  But it has been worth it.  Mimi is taking Japanese with Landry.  Learning Japanese was her passion, and, as foreign languages go, it's not the easiest one to come by.  When I saw that Landry offered it, that was really what cemented the deal for us to give them a try.

But they also offer cool programming classes and art and design classes that I just can't teach at home.  Things that will give my kids a chance to experiment with the subject areas that God has gifted them in, and I think is calling them to, without them ever having to step foot on a college campus.  And because Landry deeply discounts advanced purchases of "generic semesters" (which can later be applied to any class you want), each of these classes cost me about $57 a semester-WAY cheaper than anything local.

Mimi came in last night and asked to take a programming class with her design teacher next semester because she likes the teacher so much.  She already has a design class picked out for NEXT fall too.

I mention this because I truly am thankful for them and the blessing they have been to us this year, but also as a "head's-up" because we purchased our initial semesters on a Black Friday sale.  Typically, the semesters are for 18 months out, so you really have to be thinking ahead, but that's what gives you the $57 price instead of the current $390.  BIG difference!  And the great news is they have a tremendous resale value, so if you try them and it isn't for you, you won't lose out, you can just resell your remaining generic semesters.  But I bet you won't, because who doesn't want to learn how to program using Minecraft?

Comments

Popular Posts