Got it!

For those of you who can't sleep without knowing, I removed the whisker last night, so by tomorrow morning it should reappear again, ARGH!
Tonight will be short. I just had to say that my oldest is going to cub scout camp this week, and it seems to me he gets older and more mature each day when he gets home. It's like he's growing more in those 8 hours than in the past 8 months. It broke my heart though when he told me that yesterday all the boys except the 3 from his troop laughed at him about something. I was (and really still am) so socially ackward that I just hurt for him that he is the same way. But he's good natured about it, much more so than I was, and he doesn't lack for friends, and he never lets the fact that he's not cool stop him from being a friend to everyone and anyone he meets, and I guess that's what makes me all the more sad to hear about people making fun of him.
Tonights blessings center on that theme of friendship. I'm blessed that God is faithful to provide real, good, close friends for my son to protect his genuine nature from the heartache of worldly rejection. I'm blessed to have great friends myself whose strengths always make up for my weaknesses, and then some. And I'm blessed to have close friends that know they can call me in an emergency at any hour of the day or night and I'll be there. I'm even more blessed because I know they'd do the same.
until tomorrow,
obm

Comments

Popular Posts