School Weeks 2-4 Part One

I had the best intentions of blogging about our school each week, but I spend so much time DOING it that I have no time to write about it. Here are some photo highlights in now particular order:
TJ and Mimi- Mystery of History- Days of Creation booklet (this is from TJ's)

TJ and Mimi Botany Notebook above and below. They work together to color and fill in the info on each of the mini-books.


In Precept, the kids are studying Joseph, and the class is making a Veggie Tales themed comic book to retell the story. They practice drawing a character each class. This is TJ's "Bob the Tomato"
The page above is from Scott's comic book pages for Precept. I am always amazed at how well he draws without much effort.


Mimi's Art lesson called for her to draw something taller than it is wide. She chose this candle holder (above). I think she did a wonderful job (below)!





Each week, the kids have a verse that they copy daily. Above is Scott's work. I may have him "camp" on this verse for a while ;-).


Sari's painted coffee filters. The finished project is below.
We cut the colored coffee filters into leaves for our Jesse Tree which stays on the wall year round. I got the idea HERE.



Tie-Dyed paper towels. TOO fun!!! The idea came from HERE. We are cutting ours to make fall leaves for our windows and cutting out initials to paste to to white paper that we want to mount in frames for each kid's room. Oh, and we'll make some into a fun tie dyed banner too-the kids enjoyed this project so much we practically dyed a whole roll!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Great pictures! Love the tree idea!!
DebiH. said…
You have been BUSY!!! We did the coffee filter leaves too and they turned out great. I love your tree.
Tiffany said…
I love the tree with the coffee filter leaves...I must try this! I also like the idea of a banner with the tie dye paper towels. I have been trying to think of something to do with ours and a banner sounds fun. I may copy you on your copywork too...never thought to have them do it every day.

Popular Posts