31 Day Blog Challenge- Day 5


Today's question for the blog challenge is about favorite movies you never get tired of watching...

I'd have to say I'm not a big "re-watcher" of movies, or a big "re-reader" of books either.  They have to be really good for me to want to do that.  But I never tire of The Sound of Music.  Maybe it's because my love for it began as a child when I literally wore out the record of the soundtrack (except Climb Every Mountain--I never did like that song).  I just love the story.  And I still love it even after reading The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria Augusta Trapp.  The book is SOOOO GOOD, but makes you realize how many liberties The Sound of Music takes with their story.  If you like The Sound of Music though, you really have to read that book.

The other movie I never tire of is The Princess Bride.  My husband and I danced to the song that plays during the credits of that movie...Come my love, I'll tell you a tale...of a boy and girl and their love story...It's pretty safe to say we're big fans.  The cast is great, the story is safe for the whole family to watch, and there are plenty of one-liners to quote ad-nauseam.   It's inconceivable that I would ever tire of it ;-).

Comments

Tiffany said…
I love the Sound of Music, I have watched that one over and over. I liked the Princess Bride but not that much. I haven't watched it since high school so it might be fun to watch it again as an adult.

Popular Posts