The OTHER labor day

Here's a meme I copied from just about everyone else I know. Feel free to play along.

How long were your labors?
#1: 8 hours
#2: 17 minutes after they broke my water
#3: 1 hour
#4: 1.25 hours

How did you know you were in labor?
#1: induced (see Scott's story)
#2: I didn't, but I'd been having easy contractions all morning and called just because I was past my due date. The staff at the midwife's office didn't think I was in labor either (I was smiling and joking)...until she checked me and I was 6 cm.
#3: Induced due to bad results on a non-stress test given because I was more than a week overdue. Oh, and again, I was already 6 cm because I had had several days of "false labor" that made progress (obviously) but never turned into full blown labor.
#4: Induced...well, similar to above, I was already 8 cm that morning, due to inconsistant labor over the days preceeding, but not "in labor" that morning.

Where did you deliver?
#1-3: All at the same hospital, and it was really a good experience. For 1 and 2 I even had the same nurse.
#4: At home

Drugs?
#1: Half a dose of Stadol, again see Scott's story.
#2-4: No, and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

C-Section?
No

Who Delivered?
#1-3: My wonderful midwife. She retired from deliveries after baby #3 :-(. At TJ's birth, Marie was also there as my doula
#4: My homebirth midwives. They were very good, and I felt very safe. Marie and Jennie were also there as doulas (Thanks girls!).


How about you?

Comments

so glad I was there- loved the birth & the quiche!

Popular Posts