Rewatching an old fav

We watched The Princess Bride tonight. It's a movie my husband and I have always loved, but we have not watched in literally years. I never noticed that they actually say, "s** of a b****". ARGH! Why do they put such yucky stuff into otherwise fun movies?
My husband and I have been married 16 years one week from Friday. At our wedding, we danced our first dance to the love song from The Princess Bride (it plays during the credits and instrumentally during many scenes in the movie) and we had recently spoken about it to the kids, so they of course wanted to see it. Nothing will show you how far you have come in your Christian walk as having a former fav make you cringe. I still like the movie a lot, but things bother me now that I never even noticed years ago, and that's a good thing from a maturity of faith perspective, but starts to really limit your viewing choices, LOL.
obm

Comments

Tiffany said…
I had a similar experience with a Pauly Shore movie back in college. My memory of it was how hilarious it was and then I watched it with some new christian friends--not so funny but really embarrassing. I had raved about it!

Popular Posts