Thankful Day 20

I'm thankful I'm not homeless.  And I don't say that lightly.  There is a woman I pass every week on my way home from aqua fitness. She is older than I am, but not by much, and she is homeless.  She has a cardboard sign asking for money on the ramp coming off the interstate near my house.  Aqua fitness wasn't always at this same pool, so I didn't pass her before, but now I try to make sure I have money to give her.  It's my intention to put together a bag also for her and to try to see what she might need and see if I can help her out.  Our church has a weekly food pantry with a hot meal, but I don't know her situation to know if she could get there, etc.  Today it was 32 degrees as I was driving home.  She told me she was wearing 6 layers of clothes, but that it was really cold at night.  There but by the grace of God go any of us...So today, I'm thankful that I'm not homeless, but that I have the ability to help someone who is, and that God allows my youngest daughter to be part of that too, since she is with me.  I always try to support people in need because it's the right thing to do, and I want my children to see that and know that, and not be afraid to do the same, or worse to judge someone for their situation.  I know along the way there will be a scam artist or two, but I also know God will get them for that in the end...it's just up to me to behave in the way He commands. and be obedient to Him.

Comments

Popular Posts