Thankful Day 9

Today, I'm thankful for unexpected FB love and check-ins from "home".  I posted a picture on FB of me wearing a headband I had knitted for my daughter.  She decided she didn't want it because it doesn't have any blue in it, so I guess I'm keeping it for me.  When I posted the picture it prompted a few very kind "we miss you" comments and a few "when are you moving back" comments too.  It's always nice to be reminded that you are loved.  Then today we got a phone call from our neighbors who live behind our FL house for part of the year (they are "snowbirds").  They saw that we had interest in the house and that there were other cars there and had met the people who made an offer on the house, and they wanted to check in with us and give us an update on how they were doing and how some of the other neighbors were doing.  It was really nice to hear from them today.  I love our new home state, and unless God leads us somewhere else, I have no intention of leaving-we are very happy here.  But it's nice to be reminded that we are loved and missed.  That our decades in FL touched more than the circle of our longtime friends and family.  So I'm thankful today for unexpected expressions of love from afar.

Comments

Popular Posts