Thankful Day 24

Today, I'm thankful for the works of my hands.  I know, that probably sounds weird, but I love to make things, like crafting and sewing and knitting and canning and baking, etc.  Too often, I feel like those creative outlets are the first to go when the pressures of my life build and the lists of to-dos extends beyond the number of waking hours in a day.  But I do best as a child of God when I am being the person He made me to be, and for me, that's a creative person.  I get to express that largely in my photography, but also in other creative endeavors.  Mostly, when it comes to crafting and cooking, I'm a tweaker.  I take other people's framework and change it to make it work better or more in line with what I want or need.  Right now, I'm knitting a hooded cowl.  I love the pattern, but I wanted the cowl to go a bit longer, so I just extended it a few more stitches.  I'll post a picture when it's done, but I'm excited about it.  So the opportunity to be crafty, in stolen moments, that's what I'm thankful for.

Comments

Popular Posts