Thankful Day 5

Today I'm thankful for old friends.  The ones whose kids I have watched grow up...the ones whose kids I have known since they were just glimmers in their respective parents' eyes.  Losing out on physical proximity to them is one bittersweet thing about moving out of state, but thankfully, all this technology we have access to today allows us to stay in touch with each other.  I had a great chat with my friend Marie just yesterday (sometimes it can take us weeks to catch up on the phone), and I was reminded again how dear my friends are to me.  So in this season of my life where I find myself having to make "new" friends in our new home state, I'm very thankful for my "old" friends.

Comments

Tiffany said…
And I am thankful for you. I was standing there when "Marie" said goodbye to you on the phone and I was jealous that she had gotten to talk to you. I know, I have a phone too but talking on it lately just doesn't happen in my life. I realized that I should be better about commenting here and on FB and that would help me feel more like I am more in touch and being a "better" friend. I am enjoying all of your November posting. Keep it up!

Popular Posts