Sad News

Seems like bad things come in threes, and they sure have this week. First, last Tuesday, my step father found out he probably had cancer. That was confirmed this Monday. It is Follicular Non-Hodgkins' Lymphoma, which is very slow growing, but is at a stage where they would normally treat it. The problem is my step father has a host of medical issues-seizures, colostomy, vision loss, etc. that cause him to take a plethora of meds that might react very poorly to chemo. So, we will have to see how they will approach it.
Second, a 19 year old girl who is the daughter of a mutual friend died this week of bacterial meningitis. While I didn't know her or her family, my friend knew them well and she has already experienced such loss this year that my heart breaks for her.
Lastly, my dear friend's mother finally passed away after a long battle with cancer. I'm thrilled for her that she is out of pain and in a much better place, but I know it is bitter sweet for the family too and my heart goes out to them as well.
We are so blessed that we even wake up every day and experience life surrounded by people we love and who love us. It's easy to loss sight of that in the day to day grind, but when that grind comes to a screeching halt in the face of loss, you really realize how precious every breath, every moment, is.
obm

Comments

Popular Posts