Things I LOVE about my kids

Tonight, Scott grabbed two Dr. Seuss books off the book shelf and read them to Sari. WOW! What a blessing. She loves to be read to, and I dislike reading aloud, especially Dr. Seuss books, which seem to never end, so how wonderful was that for BOTH of us that he did that without my even asking :-).

Also, I love that my kids will talk to ANYONE. Okay, maybe that's really a bad thing in reality, but they are so comfortable speaking to people of all ages about anything that pops into their little heads. Scott's piano teacher's mom got an earful today, even from little Sari who had to show off her fire ant bites. But it's great as a homeschooling mom to know that your kids don't fit that stereotypical "socially awkward" profile.

Finally, I love the things Sari comes out with. Yesterday she climbed up in the rocking chair with me and sat on the arm of it and said, "Mommy, I sit here just in case you need me." HOW CUTE IS THAT????

And I love the idea that blogs like this connect people all over the world! I only ever gave my blog address to about 5 people, and it's amazing to see how things spread. Thanks for taking time out of your day to read about our lives :-).

until tomorrow,
obm

Comments

Amy said…
Glad to be one of those who found you! I know what you mean about not wanting your kids to be the stereotypical homeschool kids. I worry about that. I don't obsess about it though! I know they are better off at home. Mine, too, will talk your ear off given the chance! I do find that homeschooled kids are more comfortable talking with people of ANY age, not just their peers. Cool.

Fire ant bites, huh? Poor thing! Hope she feels better!
ancient clown said…
Blessings:

Something I'd like to share with all the kids, yours & your visitors likewise.
1. The Art of Wire-Treemaking.
"To give a person a tree is to give them a present...But to teach a person how to make a tree, is to give them a GIFT for life."
2. The Law of Life.
"I don't think i know...i just know i'm thinking."
your humble servant,
ancient clown
Lisa said…
O.k...I'm so glad you wrote that about reading aloud...I really don't care for that either! I thought that I was the only one. When I was a teacher, I was blessed with a paraprofessional who LOVED to read outloud to the kids...she did almost all of my reading for me!

Popular Posts