SICK!

ARGH!!!! We have another puking plague going through our house. Why does this happen to our family specifically? Mimi spent 12 hours throwing up every 20-30 minutes and at almost 8 years old and 45 pounds soaking wet, she really can't afford to do that. She looks just this side of death warmed over. My husband has joined her in illness, so now the camp out is off for the boys, and Scott is really disappointed. Honestly, the mamma isn't feeling so hot either, but all you moms out there know we aren't allowed to be sick, so I press on willing myself to be functional.
Hopefully the tide is turning for Mimi and she can keep a few sips of any liquid down, as thus far even water hasn't stayed in her tummy.
until later,
obm

Comments

Melissa said…
I'm so sorry about the puking plague!! I'm thinking of ya!
Lisa said…
OH NO! I would rather someone stick a hot needle in my arm than have the poop & pukes go through our house again. I pray ya'll will feel better soon!
Tiffany said…
Isn't Lisa so graphic??? Whoever even heard of a hot needle? What's wrong with her?
Tiffany said…
Please don't let us get it, please don't let us get it, please don't let us get it, please don't let us get it, this is my fervent prayer!!!!
Amy said…
Go ahead and laugh, but it works!
At first sign of illness, hydrogen peroxide in the ears (just a couple of drops). The sooner the better!
Also the herb Astragalus works GREAT!
And NO SUGAR! No juice, anything with sugar in it. Eliminate it and you will get better so much faster!
Lastly, as much sleep as you can get.

For ear infections:
A couple of drops of garlic oil in the ears. Cures it in a matter of minutes! Really! My daughter went from crying to sleeping in 15 minutes!

Wish I had some advice for the pukes. I will have to look that one up.

Hope the family gets better soon.
Don't you get sick. They are all relying on you!
oneblessedmamma said…
I can totally vouch for the garlic oil. Wonderful stuff! I've never tried the hydrogen peroxide, but I'm game for anything. This mamma has been fighting this too, and unfortunately, since mom's don't get sick days, I must push through. Now I'm working on my attitude about being the one pushing on while everyone else gets the luxury of rest :-).

Popular Posts