Best Part of My Day-December 24

The younger 3 in their "Christmas clothes," kind of.  Sari couldn't find her boots, and we never got Mimi shoes, and it was raining cats and dogs until about 30 minutes before this, so it was wet, wet, wet.
Church.  We had 2 services last night, and two tonight.  The 3 younger kids and I served at the earlier service tonight, and then our family attended the second service.  My "middles" had 6 kids (there was an adult in with them) and I could here them through the wall-it was crazy.  They loved TJ and were making a game of piling on him.  Sari and I had the babies.  There were 2 of them.  It was fine until they both started crying at the same time, right when church "should" have ended, except there was a baptism, so it ran long.  Both babies had just eaten and pooped right before they arrived, so in theory, they should have been "good to go.," but in reality, not so much.  We scrambled and dug through their diaper bags for food and found a water bottle for one and some baby food for the other and ahhh, blissful silence.  Thank God Sari was in there with me.  She is a baby whisperer, and I couldn't have done it without her.  It was a privilege to be able to serve and allow someone else the chance to sit in church an be fed without having to worry about their little one.

Of course, I love Christmas Eve church service, and I'm a sucker for singing by candlelight.  My kids gave me the stink-eye for taking a picture in church, but I couldn't help myself.

So church on Christmas Eve, best part of my day.

Comments

Popular Posts