Best Part of My Day-December 25

Merry Christmas!

I suppose I should be very holy and say the best part of my day was celebrating the birth of my Savior and Lord.  But really, we celebrate Jesus every day, and had been doing the Jesse Tree and an online advent calendar and our Sparkle Box and were very focused preparing our hearts for Christmas.  So I'm going to be shallow and say the best part of Christmas is being able to say

NAILED IT!

Everybody loved their gifts.  I even managed to surprise my husband with two canvas prints of photos I took from our trip to Fay's farm earlier this year that he wasn't expecting but had off-handedly mentioned wanting.

And initially we were leaving for FL tomorrow morning, so I wasn't planning any sort of dinner, but our plans changed in the past few days, and so I had to revise our plans food-wise.  We had a pork tenderloin marinaded in balsamic vinegar, steak seasoning, and olive oil-it was yummy.  I made mashed potatoes, which I found the perfect recipe for here at Thanksgiving.  And I made my cinnamon apples and a simple salad, and it was perfect.

As an appetizer while that was cooking, we had garlic brie pull apart bread, which was beyond yummy and GONE in 5 minutes flat.  I also made the super cute cheese and tomato Christmas tree shaped tray that was so ubiquitous on Pinterest.  I used kale instead of thyme or rosemary as the greens, and then used that in the salad when we ate dinner.  It was festive and easy.

Anyway, the weight of the holidays always falls on me-I do all the shopping, all the wrapping, all the cooking, all the everything.  And I'm not really an "entertainer" at heart.  So when everything comes together, and everyone enjoys their gifts and the food and our day together, it's not necessarily a snapshot moment, but it definitely is the best part of my day.

Comments

Popular Posts