Best Part of My Day-December 5

Tonight, our homeschool group had a teen Christmas party.  Turnout was small-11 kids I think, which ended up being a blessing in disguise.  Why?  Because when we got to the church the party was supposed to be at, we were locked out.  So after spending 30+ minutes in upper 40 degree temps standing outside at a strip mall where the church is, the party moved to one family's house that lives nearby.  The kids were having a great time in the parking lot to be honest, but it was a tad chilly, and hard to share snacks, etc.  The family opened their home with no advanced notice, and the kids had a great time.  They played games and did a white elephant gift exchange, and TJ made a friend.  It was a fun evening, and my plans to head to a coffee shop while they were at the party got changed when the location moved and the 4 other moms all decided to hang around too.  So while I didn't get the work done that I had planned to do, I did get to chat and socialize and watch my 2 middle teen kids have a great time, and that was a balm to my soul.  I loved seeing them both enjoying themselves and having a great time.  That was awesome-best part of my day.

Comments

Popular Posts