Best Part of My Day- December 8


I know, it's hard to see, but today we found our Jesse Tree book and began our Jesse Tree study.  I painted a Jesse Tree on our sliding door today so we could put our ornaments up there.  In the hurry and hustle and rush of the season, I love the Jesse Tree and walking through the story of Jesus- of God's redemption plan from the beginning.  It reminds me how patient God is.  How long His plans take to unfold, but how perfect they are.  It reminds me that family and friends and celebrating the season are fun and even important, but Christmas is about more than that, and the Jesse Tree helps us see that because it forces us to slow down and take the time to spend time each day in God's word immersed in the fullness of the Christmas story.  So finding our Jesse Tree book and beginning our walk down God's "memory lane".  Best part of my day.

This is the book we use:

:

Comments

Popular Posts