Best Part of My Day-December 27

NOT South Carolina.  South Carolina was NOT the best part of my day.

Dear South Carolina,
     Here's the deal.  Bazillions of people travel up and down I-95 every year.  Most of them seem to do it over concentrated periods of time-like the exact same holiday travel days I am on the roads.  So could you please, PLEASE, PLEASE do us all a favor and join the rest of the eastern coastal states in making I-95 a 6 lane road.  PLEASE?  I mean, right now you are the bane of all holiday travelers' existences.  Is that really the reputation you want?  Do you really want people saying, "Thank God I am OUT of South Carolina?"  I don't think that's the State Motto you are shooting for.  Nor is it good for tourism.  But it's the way we all feel.  Going 10 MPH through your whole state on an accident free roadway just because the interstate isn't wide enough to accommodate the traffic-it's just SOOOO 1990s.  Do us all a favor.  Join the new millennium.  Take the plunge.  Go to 6 lanes.  You won't regret it.  Tourists will thank you.
Love,
OBM

So what was the best part of my day?  Finally arriving in FL- 2 hours later than we should have been because of South Carolina (insert stink eye).  I was SO glad to get out of the car.  We listened to Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry and most of Rash, which the family really liked.  I had some of my Salty Caramel Chai from Trader Joes before hitting the road, so I was good to go for hours and hours.  Wow, that stuff is yummy.


Comments

Popular Posts