A pain in the...

Ear, of all things! I hate to whine, but either I have the world's largest ZIT in my ear (which is totally disgusting) or I have an ear infection. I guess I'd prefer the ear infection just for the lack-of-cleanliness association the zit thing conjures up, even if you can't see it way down in my ear. But just google for a moment the words "ear infection" and you will see that 99% of the results have the word "children" either directly before or after. This is clearly not meant to happen to an adult. Of course, it would be more correct to call it an "outer ear infection" which is known to commonly strike adults under the name "swimmer's ear", but that seems to imply a level of physical activity absent from my life, so it feels wrong to call it that. It's like having "tennis elbow" when the closest you've come to a tennis racket in years is buying one at a yard sale for your kids. It's actually better today than last night, which either supports the zit theory or the effectiveness of the garlic and goldenseal oil drops I used last night when I went to bed. Either way, improvement is welcome, and my since the heat from holding a phone to my ear seems to make it feel better, it's safe to assume there will be a busy signal at my house all day tomorrow, LOL.
I'm thankful to have friends (at least a friend) who e-mailed with her middle name, but told me that I could call her bootylicious too, soooo decisions, decisions...I'm thankful to go to an amazing church with an equally amazing group of servants who support the church. I can't imagine not being there any time the doors are open. And I'm blessed that our pastor's wife shared her blog with me. I LOVE her dearly, and sooo wish I knew her even better, but OH, the light of Christ that just SHINES through her every word. Yet she's still goofy, giddy, and so very real. She's everything I want to be when I grow-up...(although she's probably my age, so please don't take that wrong, L...I mean grow up spiritually to a place where who I am and who He desires me to be are in such harmony, like they are in you.) Oh, Oh, Oh...I almost forgot. I am moved beyond tears to thankfulness at the reaction of my 2 YEAR OLD while we were driving to church tonight and listening to the music in the car. It was my United in Praise CD for our "Best of" concerts this fall, and the song "Thou, O LORD" comes on and she starts waving her hands in the air and saying over and over, "Dis my song, mamma...Dis my song." I wanted to cry. There she was just "singing" and raising her hands in worship at the ripe old age of two. I tell you, this music will blow you away and bless your socks off.
until tomorrow,
obm

Comments

Lisa said…
Ahhh...now it's working. You make me cry and laugh, my sis! I love you! Lisa :)

Popular Posts