School policy update

So today was our next day to pick up RM from school. Talk about irony...I know without a doubt I am now on her "pick-up" list as her mom made a point of telling me. So today, when I wen tot pick her up, I wasn't sure how it would go down. The same lady was there who had walked away from me, and I thought things might go poorly. But today, I had also decided to skip the line for pick up and just walk up to the pick up area. I wasn't sure what the protocol was, but there were a bunch of other parents just standing around talking, and no one seemed very concerned about a line or anything. You know why? Because if you walk up to get you child, the child just looks for you ,and then walks out a side door in the fence and off you go-no adult supervision or checking who is picking up whom AT ALL. AMAZING!!!! Good for me, but such a farce in terms of any illusion of child safety. What an eye opener.
I'm getting a cold, and I feel awful...one of those days you just want to curl up with a blanket and a good book and sleep/read to your heart's content. So of course I had all sorts of activities I had to do. We had our "NOT Back to School Party" for our HS group, and that went really well despite a total lack of planning on my part. God is teaching me not to procrastinate. Who knows if you might feel bad on the day you intend to get everything done?
I had a HORRIBLE mom moment that I won't share, by I did have to apologize to the offending child for sinning in my anger.
School went fairly well, although I am still struggling to find the balance in what to try to accomplish in one day.
I'm off to bed because I feel yuck. But I'm blessed to have a wonderful group of ladies in the HS group that I really admire and respect; many of whom are good friends of mine. I'd be totally lost without them. Especially the one keeping my oldest tonight. She makes my life easier by just being in it :-).
until tomorrow,
obm

Comments

Popular Posts